I believe that each of us should connect with our full potential every day. Admittedly, it’s not always easy because we experience failures. Let me share with you a list of success quotes on motivation and positivity that has encouraged me throughout my life’s experiences. May these inspirational quotes about life encourage you to go forward as you take on each day’s challenges.
Success Quotes to Motivate and Inspire You
Take Charge of Your Life
1. “I dreamed a dream when I was young, and then I wondered what I had become. The good thing is, it’s not too late; never let someone decide your fate.”
Everyone has a dream life. But if you’re losing hope in fulfilling it, just remember that it’s never too late to make your dream life possible and live it.
I held on to these words when I was running after my dreams of becoming an actor and a life coach. After years of being in the insurance business, I was able to break through. Now, I’m living my dream life as a coach and stage actor.
2. “Anyone can tell you that you can’t do it, but no one can make that decision other than you.”
This is a powerful and inspirational success quote that reminded me of who is in charge of my choices. We need to break through all the negativity that outside forces feed us so we can unleash our full potential.
3. “A person who doesn’t risk looking foolish will hide in the darkness of their own shadow.”
One thing you need to know is this: fear is energy. Use your fear as motivation to take risks and try new things. After all, you have little to lose and a lot to gain.
4. “Prison isn’t being behind bars — it is not being who you are.”
This motivational success quote pushed me to overcome my belief that I was not good enough. It moved me to find my life story and message, and share them to make an impact in the world.
5. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”
This famous success quote was from no less than Walt Disney himself. If all he ever did was talk about his ideas, then the much-beloved Disney company would not exist today. We tend to talk about our dreams but fail to do something about them. Take small steps today and turn those dreams into reality.
Read Also: Can Anyone Succeed? Make It Happen!
6. “I believe that if I can face it, I can conquer it — but the hardest part is facing it.”
The first step to conquering your insecurities is facing them. And sometimes, you need courage under fire. This is bravery that goes beyond being able to face your fears. It also means being authentic and allowing yourself to be vulnerable. Remember, it takes a lot of courage to show your true self and admit your shortcomings.
7. “We will never know how great we are until we test our limits, fears, and deepest insecurities.”
I always tell my clients, “Challenge yourself every day.” It may be frustrating and disappointing at times, but it’s the only way for us to know just how much we are capable of. When you choose to persist, you’ll be rewarded. You’ll find yourself stronger and more capable of achieving greater things.
8. “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.”
Life is a marathon, not a sprint. You may feel like you’re on top of the world one day and find yourself spiraling down the next day. Failing is an essential part of success and not the opposite of it. The two always take turns in the wheel of life. What matters is that you keep on going and learning.
9. “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.”
Other people may doubt your abilities, which keeps you from reaching your goals. But the truth is, no matter what others may say, you are the only person who can define your limitations and weaknesses.
10. “Opportunities don’t happen. You create them.”
— Ted McGrath (@ted_mcgrath) January 20, 2018
This short success quote from Chris Grosser couldn’t be any truer. Some people wait for the right time or the right opportunity before taking the next step to level up in life. But you can’t just keep waiting for these things to happen — you have to make them happen.
Have Your Own Dreams
11. “Dreams matter. And life without them isn’t a life at all.”
This success quote has been my motivation to keep on dreaming. I dream of new things I want to do, and how I can serve others better. Having dreams compels me to achieve success in my new endeavors. They keep me from being complacent and push me to continuously improve myself.
12. “A man wakes up lethargic because he has no big goal for the day. He has no big goal because he has stopped dreaming. He has stopped dreaming because he stopped believing in himself. Take back the power of your own belief.”
If you wake up every day without a sense of purpose, it is time to find your passion. Having a passion in life plays a huge role in why we believe in ourselves. Our passion also pushes us to dream, and it gives us a sense of purpose because each day, we work towards making our dreams possible.
13. “You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream.”
Some people reach their dreams and then think ‘now what?’. They don’t think of setting a new goal because they think they won’t have enough time to finish a new one.
Others hang on to a goal even if they don’t believe in it anymore because they are too afraid to start over. The truth is, no matter what season you are currently going through in life, there’s always time to start going for another target.
Live an Inspired Life
14. “An inspired life is more important than business because, without inspiration, businesses produce mediocre transformations.”
My coaching business has taught me to walk my talk. As a coach, I stand for my clients’ transformation, but I know that I can’t do this if I am not living an inspired life. The transformation must start within me. So with that in mind, I can help my clients produce transformation within themselves.
15. “I believe in you, and I believe we can change the world by inspiring others to own their beliefs.”
This is one of the positive success quotes that help me live an inspired life. When you own your beliefs and dreams, there is no room for doubt to settle in. Always remember that you have the ability to make an impact on the world.
16. “Respect is the key determinant of high-performance leadership. How much people respect you determines how well they perform.”
A good leader leads by example and not by fear. If you earn the respect of people around you, they are more likely to do a better job because they are doing it out of inspiration and not out of fear.
Share Your Story and Message with the World
17. “Story transforms lives and the courageous ones tell their story boldly.”
Each of us has a life story and message to share with the world. And you might not know it, but your story can transform other people’s lives. Your authenticity and vulnerability are what will draw people in. That’s why it takes courage to share a life story that has the ability to inspire and transform people.
Read Also: How to Design a Personal Story That Sells
Family Connection Is Valuable
18. “You leave home to seek your fortune and, when you get it, you go home and share it with your family.”
Some people work too many long hours and neglect fulfilling family time. They are missing the point. The reason to work hard is to give a good life to your family, but if work gets in the way of that, it’s not worth it.
A good life for children doesn’t just mean having everything they need and want, it also means having their parents guide them as they grow up.
19. “Families are the compass that guides us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.”
Our family is the reason and inspiration for our achievements. They are also our shoulder to turn to during the low times in life. Never forget to thank your family for being there during the highs and lows.
20. “True connection with family is the most fulfilling and heartwarming experience on the planet.”
This inspiring success quote is very true to me. I know from experience how family relations can affect a person. My parents’ divorce left me feeling as if I wasn’t good enough, and so I craved the approval of others.
For years, I was distant from my family, particularly my parents, because I got caught up in drugs, alcohol, and my career. But after I aligned my life and career, I also became intentional in maintaining good relationships with my parents.
Spiritual Growth Is Important
21. “You and I have infinite potential, and spiritual growth is more important than any other type of growth.”
I’ve always believed that I need to grow spiritually so I can be more responsible in every area of my life. That’s why I make it a point to invest in my spiritual growth. If my spiritual life is not growing along with my business, then my business is eventually going to fail.
When you tell yourself that you have infinite potential, you are indeed declaring motivational power words. But make sure that you also take your spiritual growth seriously, so you can put that infinite potential to use.
22. “Spiritual maturity is measured in terms of persevering faith, not perfect behavior.”
Nobody’s perfect and we cannot achieve perfect spirituality and goodness. What matters is that we keep on trying to grow and never stop moving forward in this journey.
Harness the Fullest Potential of Your Business
23. “Business is a big game, and you should play it to its fullest potential. Build an empire that is a symbol of your service in the world.”
One of my metrics in measuring the success of my business is the quality of service I’ve provided my clients. It’s great to have a lot of clients, but it’s more fulfilling when you know you’ve served each client to the best of your ability.
24. “Money has become too big a motivator for mankind. Create something valuable that people want, offer it to them, and then watch the money pour in — not the other way around.”
Money never became a motivator for me. That’s why I believe in this success quote. Add value to people, and they will respond favorably to you.
25. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.”
You may think everyone is happy with your product or service but the truth is, you can’t please everyone. Don’t be afraid to face customer complaints. Those are your first steps to improving.
I hope that these success quotes are as encouraging and uplifting to you as they are to me. Not only do they motivate me, but living by them helped me become successful. So whenever you find yourself feeling out of it, remember these power words for success. Discipline yourself to apply them so you can overcome life’s challenges and succeed.
What are your favorite success quotes? Share them in the comments section below!
Editor’s Note — This post was originally published on March 22, 2018, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.